Blog Archive

Friday, October 28, 2011

Tunes on the 'Cloud

Posting a dump of all the tracks that I've uploaded since my last post (listed in the order they were uploaded), along with commentary on select tracks:

Heather (Extended NightLight Mix) by (Un)BalNz'D
It's another remix of Heather. Again. It's also got the original "Heather" composition hidden somewhere in there.

cassette_track_wip by (Un)BalNz'D
My attempt at laying down an old-school beat. Still not done yet.


Catrap - Catboy (Cover) by (Un)BalNz'D
Cover of a track from one of my favoritest GameBoy games ever: Catrap/Pitman. I did this one entirely by ear.


2011-1001b by (Un)BalNz'D
Playing around with FL Keys.

2011-1001a by (Un)BalNz'D
Messing with one of the Sytrus Synth String settings.

2011-0920c by (Un)BalNz'D
Just one of those, "hey this is catchy let's put this here, and that there" kind of riffs

2011-0920b by (Un)BalNz'D
I think I abuse alternating note basslines like Micheal Bay abuses explosions.

2011-0920a by (Un)BalNz'D
String-centric riff made just to see if I could make a decent sounding string-centric riff.

2011-0908 by (Un)BalNz'D
I like the beeping noises. Sliding notes are cool.

2011-0904 by (Un)BalNz'D
The thought process behind this one was "SugarPop". Is it sweet enough?

RockMan World II - Password by (Un)BalNz'D
Despite all of the dislike this game gets, it's got a special place in my heart. I like a lot of the tracks in this game, although I must admit they aren't exactly in the same style as the other compositions heard throughout the Classic MegaMan games. But they're still good songs nonetheless.

RockMan World II - Title by (Un)BalNz'D
Did you know there is a slight difference between the version of this song that plays during the title screen, and at Wily's space castle? I actually did guitar cover of this song a while back, but I grew dissatisfied with how it came out so I ended up doing a version in FL, which lead to more covers.

RockMan World II - Stage Select by (Un)BalNz'D
I've been doing all of the RM World II covers by ear, and this one wasn't too fun to do. I don't really remember liking this track growing up either. I DID like MetalMan's and HardMan's though, which is why I decided to work on them next.

MM8 Rap (WIP) by (Un)BalNz'D
One of my friends sent me a track using the ending theme to MegaMan 8, and it inspired me to lay down some lyrics to this track too.

2011-1016a by (Un)BalNz'D
While working on one of the tracks above, I came up with an accompaniment that didn't seem to fit with the rest of the song. However, I thought it sounded too good to simply erase so I put it aside. Eventually, it turned into this. So in a way, this track is a complete accident.

2011-0728b by (Un)BalNz'D
After playing around with FL Keys and Sytrus with newer projects, I decided to go back and touch up some older ones.

2011-0722a by (Un)BalNz'D
This is another such track.

2011-0721a by (Un)BalNz'D
One of the first tracks that I made in FL, but never got around to uploading. The instruments I worked with on this one remind me of some of the tracks heard in SNK games of the 90's.

2011-1016b by (Un)BalNz'D
I wanted to make creepy music. This was made from another leftover riff.

2011-0730b by (Un)BalNz'D
An old FL project I had sitting around, that I decided to turn into a videogame-esque track.

2011-0730a by (Un)BalNz'D
This was already on the Cloud, but I had updated it a small bit since I posted it.

2010-0611 by (Un)BalNz'D
I recently figured out how to import my old MIDI projects into FL, so I could update some of them, or use riff ideas I either forgot about or never finished working on. From this track on, these are my old MIDI projects with a touch of FL.

2010-0601 by (Un)BalNz'D
I remixed this one because I don't really have too many laid-back compositions, so this came as a breath of fresh air.

Warm Cold Shoulder by (Un)BalNz'D
I believe I uploaded the MIDI version of this song a while back, and it's somewhere in the archives of this blog. But if you missed it the first time: This is a song I wrote for a school project a while back, but it never got used. It's a shame, since it's a very mellow song. I've taken out some of the piano sections from this arrangement.
Flipside by (Un)BalNz'D
I think I uploaded this too. This was composed for another school project but never got used.

2011-0326 by (Un)BalNz'D
This is the instrumental for a song called "Wednesday" I wrote around last year as a joke, when Rebecca Black's "Friday" was still kinda new. I liked the instrumental so I remixed it, but I'm probably not going to add vocals this time though. No thanks.

2011-0107a by (Un)BalNz'D
Don't really have much to say 'bout this. However, I've noticed my older percussion tracks sound better than my new ones. Maybe.

2010-1024 by (Un)BalNz'D
I made this one up while writing "Hey There Dreamer". In the end, I didn't use anything from this composition other than the chord progression but I liked the piano sections so I couldn't just ditch them.

2010-0509 by (Un)BalNz'D
I think this is my first MIDI track. It's one of my favorite ones too.

Restless Ruckus by (Un)BalNz'D
I think I've uploaded this track to the blog before too. This was made for a school project, and was actually used unlike the other tracks above. I think I subconsciously based the piano section here on one of the tracks from Breath of Fire III.

2011-0104 by (Un)BalNz'D
Another school project that never saw the light of day, even in MIDI form. This one was too good to waste.

2011-0611 by (Un)BalNz'D
This one was supposed to be the instrumental for a song I was writing at the time.

Badguy Bangin' Beat by (Un)BalNz'D
This is a FamiTracker track I made after Enter the Hero. The only way I could describe this song, would be: 8-bit Booty Beats.

A Selfish Request (WIP-Remix) by (Un)BalNz'D
One of my old MIDI projects contained part of the instrumental used to make "A Selfish Request", so I had to hear what it would sound like after a quick touch up. However, I haven't the slightest idea what happened to full version I used so it may take a while to get a fully updated version "A Selfish Request".

No comments:

Post a Comment