Blog Archive

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Algebrangina

Work is currently being uncool.

I can prove it using algebra:

Work Coolness Factors:
Shifts that start immediately after class (+1)
Night shifts during weekends (-1)
Shifts that start later, and make me miss dinner with the family (-1, multiplied by the number of days in a row this instance occurs)
Interesting Co-workers (+1)
Annoying Co-Workers (-1)
Cool Customers (+2)
Decent Customers (+1)
Clueless/Frustrating/Annoying Customers (-2)
Extra Pay on Sundays (+1)
Being able to eat during break (+1, Night shifts only)
Not being able to eat during break (-1, Night shifts only)

You only get the points for any of the factors above, provided that instance has occured at least ONCE during the work week. Points do not stack for repeated instances, unless otherwise stated.

The work coolness factor is determined by finding the total value of your factor points. This integer determines whether or not your work is cool, or uncool. If the integer is positive, your work is currently cool. On the contrary, If the integer is negative, your work is currently uncool.

Therefore, the formula for my work week would look like so:
1-1-(1x5)+1-1+2+1-2+1+1-1

So, my current work coolness factor is -3. Since this number is negative, my work is currently uncool.

Yeah, math makes me sad.

On the bright side, I'm working on a school project that I'll be able to share with you guys when it's finished.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment