Blog Archive

Sunday, January 11, 2009

All I've Wanted

First and foremost happy new year, here's to hoping '09 will be a kickass year!


It's been a while since I've updated though, hasn't it? (You can blame Viewtiful Joe for that. =))


So here's what's been going on. I've found a cool program called "Drum Machine" which uses Rock Band (the game) drums to simulate a drum kit. You can assign a sound to each of the four pads, and the kick pedal. It's got some pretty cool features, and awesome if you don't have a real drum kit.


But the REALLY cool thing about Drum Machine, is that I've used it to make a new song. (It's the finished prodect of this song.)


This one's called "All I've Wanted", and I've had this one sitting on the back burner for quite a while. If you've ever had that feeling where there's only ONE thing you want in the world, and you'd be willing to trade the world itself just to have it, then you can probably see what I was trying to get at here.


This recording's pretty special since I think it's the closest thing to a "finished" song I've recorded. Despite the fact that I had to record like, FIVE different parts it ended up pretty fun to do so. So enjoy, and if you have any comments/complaints/critiques then send 'em my way.


Here's the lyrics: (Yeah, there's more, but I didn't feel like recording that far =p)


All I've Wanted


you could give me all the money in the world,
you could offer me to bout a thousand girls.


there's one thing they've got in common.
they're not the things that I'm wanting.
you're all I want, all I think of.
when I'm sleeping all I dream of.


you could take the
moon and the stars,
trains, planes, and cars,
I'll still get to wherever you are.


you could take the
sun and its shine,
I'll take my time,
no stoppin' me 'til you are mine.


you're all I've wanted,
you're all I think of.
and when I'm sleepin',
you're all I dream of.


there's nothing more
that I would need,
if it could just be
you and me.


you could even put me on the silver screen.
put me in a mansion filled with fancy things.


there's one thing they've got in common.
they're not the things that I'm wanting.
you're all I want, all I think of.
when I'm sleeping all I dream of.


you could take the
moon and the stars,
trains, planes, and cars,
I'll still get to wherever you are.


you could take the
sun and its shine,
I'll take my time,
no stoppin' me 'til you are mine.


you're all I've wanted,
you're all I think of.
and when I'm sleepin',
you're all I dream of.


there's nothing more
that I would need,
if it could just be
you and me.


you could give me absolutely everything.
you could leave me with absolutely nothing.


there's one thing they've got in common.
they're not the things that I'm wanting.
you're all I want, all I think of.
when I'm sleeping all I dream of.


you could take the
moon and the stars,
trains, planes, and cars,
I'll still get to wherever you are.


you could take the
sun and its shine,
I'll take my time,
no stoppin' me 'til you are mine.


you're all I've wanted,
you're all I think of.
and when I'm sleepin',
you're all I dream of.


there's nothing more
that I would need,
if it could just be
you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment